The GRID NOTEBOOK is a biweekly newsletter featuring Events, Announcements, News, Resources, and Opportunities you need to know about if you are interested in Rehabilitation and Inclusive Development in the North West Region of Cameroon. To view this issue online, please go to https://nwrcommunityofpractice.wordpress.com/articles-anddocuments/
We are happy to include submissions from people who share a passion for rehabilitation and inclusive development in the North West Region. If you have something to contribute, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Highlights from the September 12, 2010 Newsletter.
- The 13TH AWID INTERNATIONAL FORUM (Association for Women’s Rights in Development) with the theme Feminist Futures: Building Collective Power for Rights and Justice has just ended in Costa do Sauípe, Bahia, Brazil. The conference held from 8-11 September 2016. We will hear more about it in the days ahead from two great women from the NWR
who were there! – Ruth Acheinegeh and Comfort Mussa.
- World Sight Day is coming up on 13th October 2016. This year the theme is “Stronger Together” which fits well with ongoing efforts to improve collaboration in the NWR in the vision care community.
- The Empowerment and Disability Inclusive Development Program (EDID) of the CBCHS which empowers children and youths with disabilities in Cameroon for inclusive development, has just concluded a 4 day workshop. 60 participants attended from its 25 English and French partner organizations.
- The Paralympics are on in Brazil. Cameroon is represented! Read about Cameroon’s participation here http://www.camerounparalympique.org/
- Inclusive Education The education component of the SEEPD Program has trained 40 participants including Resource Teachers, Lead Persons, and Resource room workers on inclusive practice in education. This was in a 3 day workshop held in Bamenda.
- The Healthcare Information For All organization HIFA is open to you to join for free! HIFA is a global campaign and professional network with more than 15,000 health professionals, librarians, publishers, researchers, policymakers and others from 2500 organisations in 175 countries,
interacting on 5 forums in 3 languages.
- Free Vision Care course available on YouTube: An excellent course on global blindness is now available on YouTube called Global Blindness: Planning and Managing Eye Care Services. It is presented by Dr. Daksha Patel from the International Centre for Eye Health at the London School of
Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
You can download the Newsletter from the Grid Network Note Books at : https://nwrcommunityofpractice.wordpress.com/articles-and-documents/the-grid-network-note-books/
This edition of the GRID Notebook was prepared by Lynn Cockburn, with contributions by Dr. Okwen Marvice, Dr. Josiane Signe, Mr. Didier Demassosso, Mrs. Glory Agho, Ms. Comfort Mussa, and Mr. Awa Jacques Chirac. Thanks for reading! Feel free to share it with others.